W West Haven Presbyterian Church began as a seed planted on the borders of the West Haven and Cedarbrook neighborhoods in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. The seed took the form of a small Sunday school class that met in a resident’s home, beginning like a house church, and during the 1950’s and 60’s the seed flourished into a chartered Presbyterian congregation growing in membership with over three hundred people participating in Christian Education.

This tremendous success was cause for celebration and gratitude to God. Out of this gratitude, the members of West Haven continued their sense of mission by reaching out and planting another congregation in a different neighborhood with members from West Haven transferring their membership to encourage the new ministry effort.

Today we celebrate God’s love and follow God’s call into mission by partnering with congregations of many different traditions locally and abroad.

collage